Zen = Goodness
Mu = Nothingness
SITES BY SHIHANKAI MEMBERS
- Hirano, Kiyohisa (Shihankai Member)
jikc.org = Japan International Karate Center
Based in Hawaii, with classes held in various locations.
- Honda Sadaharu (Shihankai Member)
winadvisorygroup.com (Founded by Honda Sadaharu)
- Koyama, Shojirou (Shihankai Member)
arizonakarate.com. To ask may be a moment's shame, but not to ask and remain ignorant is a lifelong shame.
- Kubota Takayuki (Shihankai Member)
International Karate Association (IKA) 国際空手道
ikakarate.com Gosoku Ryu (Hard Fast Style) 五足流
ikakarate.com/frames.html. Primary goal is to promote traditional Japanese karate - specifically the Gosoku Ryu (Hard/Fast style).
- Kurobane, Sadaharu (Shihankai Member)
Wado Karate 和道. karatedenver.com
Denwakan Martial Arts Center, Wado Karate in Denver, Colorado.
Also see the Wado Karate Directory
- Miki, Minobu (Shihankai Member)
Japan Karate-do Organization (JKO) 日本空手道北辰糸東流
International Hokushin Shito Ryu = jko.com.
Also see shito-ryu.com 糸東流
- Nishimura, Shoji (Shihankai Member)
USA Wado-Ryu Karate-do 米国和道流空手道連盟
- Ochiai, Hidehiko (Shihankai Member)
- Sakimukai, Masaharu (Shihankai Member)
Sakimukai, Takako (Shihankai Member)
chintokan.com 鎮東館 空手道
International Chintokan Karate-Do Federation and All Japan Karate-Do Chintokai. Main purpose is to preserve and promote the practice of Okinawa Shorin-Ryu Karate-do in its authentic form.
- Tanabe, Hiroyuki (Shihankai Member)
shudokankarate.org Wado Style, 和道会
Shudokan 修道館 means "house where you master the method."
- Yamaguchi, Gosei (Shihankai Member)
Goju-Ryu Karate-Do Institute 剛柔流空手道
gojukai.com Yamaguchi Gosei arrived in US in 1964 to establish & promote an authentic Goju-kai 剛柔会 program outside of Japan.
Associations & Federations
- Japan Karate Association (JKA) 日本空手協会
- International Shotokan Karate Federation (ISKF)
iskf.com 松涛舘. Members in 28 Pan-American countries.
Over 50,000 members.
- Shotokan Karate of America
ska.org and shotokankarate.com 松涛舘
Shotokan karate originated in Okinawa. It was popularized in Japan by Gichin Funakoshi in the 1950s. The name "Shotokan" comes from the name "Shoto," which was Funakoshi's pen name.
- Goju Ryu Karate-do Network 剛柔流空手道
Goju Ryu is an online educational community and international reference portal for Goju Ryu Karate and the martial arts of Okinawa, Japan 沖縄の武道. This gateway caters to Goju Ryu Karate Do practitioners world wide